Christmas ham is a traditional dish that is serve on Christmas Eve or on Christmas day itself. However, it can also be served on any occasion whether in a family dinner or to impress your guest. Here is my recipe for this very delicious dish! So pack your diet plan in your bag today and treat yourself.
Recipe by: Rubes Charles Leong
- 600g Pork Loin
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Mix Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Coca-Cola Carbonated Beverage
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Cranberry Sauce (Optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use a knife a cut the surface of the loin in a criss-cross direction, creating diamond shaped cuts. (Just on the surface and deep enough to pierce garlic wedges through; not all the way through.)
- Chop the garlic up into small wedges. Press the garlic pieces into spaces created by the knife as shown here.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, dried mix herbs, black pepper and garlic powder together. Using a brush, rub the meat with the mixture.
- Place the mixture covered pork loin into the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- While the meat is in the oven, mix the coca-cola and brown sugar together in another bowl.
- After an hour, remove the roast from the oven. Using a clean brush, cover the the pork loin with the coca-cola mixture.
- Continue baking the roast for another 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked and no longer pink in the centre.
- Serve the roast with a side of cranberry sauce in a platter. Bon Appétit!
Wrap the remaining or unfinished ham with a cling wrap. Wrap it with tortilla bread for breakfast the next morning!